1. First, as Coach Jim Harbaugh would say, this is a “JACKHAMMER” website. There will be no days off, no holidays, and no stopping the history of Michigan football. We intend to deliver new articles and information every single day of the year – period!
2. Our updates will occur daily at 1:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. You can count on it. As Bo always said, college football games should start when “toe meets leather” at 1:00 pm, not when the television people tell us to start! So, in respect to Bo, this site will “kick off” new information daily at 1:00 pm EST – got it?
3. We require registration for all site users who wish to make comments about the information and articles that we post. Of course, everyone is welcome to read and search the site at their convenience, but “serious” fans need to register. Registration is free and we will NEVER sell your email/contact information to anyone for any reason – period!
4. We hope that you will respect our positive, upbeat treatment of the players, coaches and other people who have shaped Michigan football history. Most of the information you read will be about the great players and the victories of the storied Michigan program. Occasionally, we will talk about an upset or a game that Wolverine fans would rather forget, but it’s all part of the history. We ask that all comments remain respectful and decent at all times. We don’t want this site to be a place for extended Rich Rod rants and opportunities to run-down anyone connected with the wonderful history of Michigan football. Also, we hope that you can comment without using vulgarity ̶ please no “f**! Bombs”. Our intent is to make this a “family” rated site that can be viewed by men, women, moms, dad, grandmothers, grandfathers and children without being offended in any way. Profanity and inappropriate remarks simply will not be allowed. Users who insist on making inappropriate comments and remarks will be warned, then banned from the “member” portion of the site. Thank you in advance for respecting our wishes about how we intend to operate this site.
5. We intend to donate a portion of our advertising income on this site to three organizations that need our support. First, as former members of the U. S. Army we want to help the USO in their efforts to support the men and women who serve and protect our nation. Second, we also plan to support the Glenn E. “Bo” Schembechler Scholarship Program at the University of Michigan. Finally, we could not do the work required for this site without the dedication of the great staff at the Bentley Historical Library. We use the information and pictures on this site on a daily basis and want to support their great work to archive all things “Michigan” – especially football!
6. Perfection is our goal, but excellence will be celebrated! Our information comes primarily from our extensive book collection, Michigan Athletic Department Media Guides/Updates, The Wolverine Magazine, the Bentley Historical Library and our internet research. If you see something that looks inaccurate, please bring it to our attention. Corrections will be made and a “tip of the cap” will be given to the Big Blue readers who share our passion for telling the Michigan football story correctly.
The Legend of Bo Schembechler is a football love story. Millions of Michigan football fans loved Bo Schembechler almost as much as he loved The University of Michigan. This insightful book details how “Bo Who” simply became “Bo” to Wolverine Nation and to college football fans across the country and around the world. It details Bo’s twenty-one-year journey to bring Michigan Football back to national prominence and how he kept it there!
Click below to order your copy!